August 26, 2011

Tip of the Day: Away with the Labels!


I don’t know about you, but I hate labels. 

All labels.

I mean I hate when people are “labeled” this or that, sure…

But what I’m talking about today are those darn price tags or UPC codes… labels that come on all the pretty merchandise you just purchased.

There’s no better way to ruin something “pretty” than to put a label on it.  (Pun sooo intended!  J )

It’s the first thing I do when I get new stuff… take off the labels!  I’m a stickler for it, and I honestly don’t understand those who leave the labels on… maybe I’m just anal.

Regardless…

I, as many of you, have spent hours upon hours, and ruined nails upon nails while trying to scrape off these pesky labels… one slooooooow little strip at a time!

What is it about them… can they never come off in one piece?  Huh?

Anyways… a few years back, while I was a teacher, I discovered a way to end the constant peeling.  An end to sticky label marks, and yucky, gooey, left over label glue.   And as Queen of the Label Haters, I take my job seriously, so I must share this with the world!

So…. All hail:  Clorox wipes.

I’m obsessed with these things.

Believe it or not, if you take one and rub it in circles over that dang label, it WILL come off!  Completely!  Glue and all!

(Just make sure what you are using it on will not get discolored by the wipes.  It's best to use on things like glass and plastic.)

There are very few things this has not worked on.  But if you come across one, Goo Gone is my second favorite handy dandy sticky label eraser!

Oh, AND the wipes also take off permanent markers!  Not from everything, mind you, but from most plastics I have found!

I’m a big fan!

So if you happen to have some pesky labels or stickers stuck to various décor in your house, get out those wipes and “de-label” your place!  J

~ Stephanie Alicia

P.S. If you like the ideas in this blog, please share this post with everyone you know! Take a minute to comment below, post on Facebook, Twitter... or email out to your friends and family! Please and Thank You! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment